Sat, Oct 20|
MDW Hub at Madison Building
DESIGN SHOWCASE ➔ Sights Unseen
Spotlighting the work of talents who live in, work in, or contribute to Montclair, Sights Unseen is Montclair Design Week's first ever showcase dedicated to uncovering what’s new and next in design of all scales and disciplines.
Time | Location
Oct 20, 2018, 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
MDW Hub at Madison Building, 427 Bloomfield Ave, Montclair, NJ 07042, USA
About The Event
Design Showcase: Sights Unseen
Spotlighting the work of talents who live in, work in, or contribute to Montclair, Sights Unseen is Montclair Design Week's first ever showcase dedicated to uncovering what’s new and next in design of all scales and disciplines. It's also a nod to our inaugural theme, The Year of Messy Design, in which we invite our community to think broadly and interpret works creatively.
Featuring objects of design and innovation—from furniture, graphics, lighting, landscapes, and fashion to robotics, engineering, and user experiences—MDW’s showcase presents a new story of design excellence, as told by our Montclair-area creatives ➔
- Altarik Banks and Josh Miller ➔ Entrepreneurs and Designers
- Ruth Borgenicht ➔ Artist/Ceramicist and Forager
- Marlena Buczek Smith ➔ Artist and Illustrator
- Meagan Coomber and Courtney Reenstra ➔ Birdling Bags Co-Owners
- Eileen Fisher ➔ Fashion Designer and Owner of DesignWork
- Alex Gideon ➔ MHS Robotics Team Member
- Johanna Howard ➔ Textile and Housewares Designer
- Amalia Luyet-McMahan ➔ Product and UX Designer
- Katherine Mahony ➔ Fashion Designer
- Mark Mangogna ➔ Designer, Tailor and Carpenter
- Jennifer Odell ➔ Jewelry Designer
- Andrea Panico ➔ Industrial Designer
- Al Schapira ➔ Retired Bell Labs Engineer and Radio Hobbyist
- Ingo Schweers ➔ Architect and Artist
- Darin Wacs ➔ Artist/Sculptor
- Jordan Wannemacher ➔ Book Designer
- Lora Yoon Huh ➔ Floral Designer and Event Stylist
All of our programming is free to the public.* Please consider PAYING IT FORWARD to help us keep it that way.
Our programming is designed for everyone. Please read our Code of Conduct to learn about our simple ground rules.
* Excluding our fundraising events